Activity 1 - Watch This...
Activity 2 - Memory Verse...
Activity 3 - Read This...
Activity 4 - Think About This...
- Have a think back to last week...can you remember what the mission Jesus gave his followers was?
- Can his followers complete this mission by themselves? Why/why not?
- Jesus promised his followers a helper. Who was it and how did he help them?
Read Acts 2: 14-41 (slides 4 to 11) and consider:
- What does Peter tell the crowds about Jesus?
- In response to the question asked in v37 "What must we do?" - have a go at doing the Memory Verse song together as a family or Zoom group.
- If you were in the crowd hearing Peter speak how do you think you would have responded?
- Have you repented and put your trust in Jesus?
Read Acts 2: 42 - 27 (slide 12)
- Write down what the believers did together.
- Why do you think it was important to them to do the things you listed?
- Are there things in your list that you see today at your church, or would like to see happen?
Activity 5 - Pray
- Pray for and about the people in your life you would like to share the Good News of Jesus with.
- Thank Jesus that he has sent the Holy Spirit to help you.
- Ask God to help you see all the ways you are living life your way and not God's way.
- Thank Jesus for what he has done for us by repenting (turning away from sin) and trusting in Him.
- Pray for people you know are on mission (eg the Pearson family in NT or Helen in Tanzania).
- Thank God for the early church and pray that God shows you a way to serve in your church family.
- Pray for a church in another country in the world that they love each other as the early church did.