Activity 1: Watch this...
Activity 2: Memory Verse
Activity 3 - Read This...
Activity 4: Think About This...
- Spend some time brainstorming things Jesus did when he was on Earth. When you have your list see of you can find them in the Gospel of Luke.
- What was the thing that Jesus taught or did while he was on earth that amazed you the most? Why?
- Jesus gave the apostles instructions (v2) just before he left earth to go to Heaven. What do you think the instructions were?
Read Acts 1: 3-11 and try to answer these questions:
- How did Jesus prove he had risen from the dead? [also look at Luke 24]
- What is the gift Jesus promises to send the disciples and how are they supposed to use it?
Prayer is a really important part of our relationship with God. It give us direct access to the one who made absolutely everything in the universe. Read Acts 1: 12-26
- What do you notice about how the apostles pray?
- What were the special requirements the replacement for Judas had to possess?
- How can you and your family increase the way you seek God in your day to day lives? Do you pray to him as a first or last resort? How can you and your family be encouraged to trust and come to God first?
Activity 5 - Pray...
- Thank God for his love and care for us.
- Thank God that we can come to Him anytime, anywhere and about anything - he will always listen.
- Ask for God's help to make Him the first person you come to when you need help.
- Identify people who you know need prayer and ask God to help them.