Activity 1 - Watch This...
Source: Micah's Super Vlog
Activity 2 - Memory Verse...
Activity 3 - Read and Think About This...
1. Read Slide 1 (Matthew 5:9) - do you fight with your siblings? Have you seen other people fight or argue? What does God want us to do instead and how will we be treated?
2. Read Slides 2 and 3 (Mark 4: 35-41) - Think about how bad the storm must have been if even men who were fishermen and have been on boats in storms before were scared and thought they were going to die.
3. What was Jesus doing while the disciples were scared?
4. What did Jesus do?
5. Who or what followed Jesus' command? What does this tell you about Jesus' power?
1. What are some situations where you feel scared and want to be at peace instead?
2. Read slide 4 (John 14:27 and John 16:33) - who can help you have that peace?
3. Read slide 5 (Romans 5:10-11) - who did Jesus make us friends with and how?
Activity 4 - Pray...
Thank you for your promise that you will give us peace so that we do not have to be afraid or worried about anything. Thank you that Jesus made us friends with you when he took our punishment from us by dying on the cross. Please help us to remember that when we put our faith and trust in you that you will give us the peace that only you can give through Jesus.
In Jesus' name. Amen
Activity 5 - Stuff to Keep You Busy...
FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT TREE CHALLENGE:
1. Print and colour these fruits (1 for everyone in your family - grown ups too!).
2. Cut out the coloured pieces and stick everyone's trees to the fridge or somewhere everyone can see.
3. As each type of Fruit of the Spirit is shown by a member of the family they can add that fruit to their tree.
4. Challenge each other to see who can fill their tree first. You could even have some fun rewards for all who complete the challenge!
5. Send us a photo and let us know how the challenge went!