Activity 1 - Watch This...
Source: MVAC Original
Source: Saddleback Kids
Activity 2 - Memory Verse
Activity 3 - Read and Think About This...
- What happened to Jesus before he was led into the desert by the Holy Spirit? (Hint: Matt 3)
- Why do you think Jesus went into the wilderness for 40 days?
- How did Satan try to tempt Jesus first?
- Why does Jesus say no-one can only live on food (this also means water) - why do people also need God's word?
- What does Satan say to Jesus next and what is Jesus' response?
- Why do you think Jesus doesn't jump?
- Why was Satan's thinking wrong when he offered everything on earth to Jesus in return for his worship?
- Are there things in your life that you are tempted by or is there something that you do that you know doesn't please God?
- How do you resist being tempted or are there consequences of giving into your temptation (think hard because there are ALWAYS consequences - they may not happen immediately, but sometime in the future!)
- What will you do to resist temptation in the future? (Maybe you can tell a trusted grown up or friend about what you find hard to resist and ask them to help you also with the Holy Spirit).
Activity 4 - Pray...
Please help us to be like Jesus. He is the Lord of self-control. When Satan tempted Him to show off his power he was full of the Holy Spirit and used Scripture to rebuke Satan. Thank you that Jesus experienced life in a human body so that we can be really confident you know exactly how we feel. You really do know how challenging it can be to exercise self-control and we ask you Father to give us your Holy Spirit to help us when we struggle with temptation and we thank you for the people you put in our lives that we can trust to help us as well.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
Activity 5 - Stuff to Keep You Busy...
Make an ice cream sundae or fruit salad for someone in your family but don't get tempted to eat it!
Only joking - make one for yourself as well and as you put on each delicious topping thank God for something that you have and can share with others.