Activity 1 - Watch This...
Source: MVAC Original
Source: "what are we talking about?"
Activity 2 - Memory Verse
Source: Wesley Wuppets
Activity 3 - Read and Talk About This...
- In this picture Isaiah is creating if God is the shepherd, who are the sheep?
- How does the shepherd take care of his sheep?
- What does this tell you about the way God takes care of us?
Read Matthew 11:28-39 (Slide 2)
- What does Jesus tell us to do if we are tired from the problems (the heavy burdens) we face in our lives?
- How does Jesus tell us we should learn to be from him?
- Give some example of how Jesus acts with gentleness during his time on earth.
- Why does Jesus act with gentleness and humility when he is the most powerful force in the world and could make people do as he wants?
Read John 13:4-7 (Slides 3 -5)
- Why is Peter so horrified at the thought of Jesus washing his feet?
- What is Jesus' reply? What does Jesus want these and future disciples to do for others?
Read 2 Timothy 2: 24-25
- How should God's servants behave?
- Who are God's servants?
- This week try to be grateful for all God has blessed you with by remembering how you can and do affect others whether in a good or negative way. For example, the next time someone says something unkind to you or something that you don’t like, count to 10 inside your head and answer gently and with kind words.
Activity 4 - Pray...
Thank you for the many ways you have blessed us this week. We have so much to be grateful for Lord even in our times of suffering. Please help us to keep growing in the Fruit of the Spirit of Gentleness and help us to be kind, humble, gentle and considerate of others.
In Jesus name, Amen.