Activity 1 - Watch This...
Source: MVAC Original
Source: Crossroads Kids Club
Activity 2 - Memory Verse...
Activity 3 - Read and Talk About This...
- How was Josiah different from previous Kings?
- What were the people doing instead of loving God?
- What was Josiah’s response to finding the rules?
- Why are they like precious treasure?
- Who did Josiah want to share the special find with? Why?
- What did Josiah (and the people) promise? why?
- How did they show they were following God?
- How does this story relate to us using “look, listen, learn, love”
- look – at the Bible, listen – to God, learn – God’s way, love – God/others
Activity 4 - Pray...
Thank you for everything that you bless us with, especially your Word which we can read in the Bible. Please help us to want to read our bibles, please help us to recognise when you are speaking to us and for us to really listen to you, please help us to understand what your word means and how we can show other people love by doing what the Bible says to do.
In Jesus' name. Amen.
Activity 5 - Stuff to Keep You Busy...
Make your own paper like they used to do in the time of King Josiah. This version adds seeds to the paper so when you are finished writing your scroll and reading it to people you can plant it and watch how God helps nature do its thing!